Wednesdays during term time
9.30 - 11.45am
Nexus Walcot Methodist Centre
From 12 September 2018 (Wednesdays only)
What do you do?
We have a large selection of toys and activites including:
- ride-ons & push-along toys
- slide, climbing frame & mini-trampoline
- building bricks
- puzzles & books
- train tracks
- baby toys
- crafts, painting, drawing or play-dough
At 11.30 we all help to put the toys away and gather for a singing time. You are welcome to stay and eat your sandwiches in the hall as long as you clear up afterwards!
- Photographer - once a year (usually in October/November) we have a visit from a professional photographer who takes individual photos of the children for you to buy if you wish. Ideal Christmas present!
- Christmas parties - our last sessions before Christmas take the form of parties with songs, simple games, food and a visit from Santa!
- Summer picnics - after our last sessions before the summer break, you are invited to bring a picnic lunch to eat sitting on our sunny patio (or in the hall if it's raining!)
Who can come?
Babies & toddlers (4 and under) with their parents or carers. We do not have a waiting list but we ask you to fill in a form with your contact details when you first come.
How much does it cost?
£1.50 per session per family. This includes coffee, tea, squash & biscuits.
What facilities do you have?
Baby-changing/disabled toilet with potties provided! Kitchen with microwave for heating bottles, etc.
Who runs the group?
The group is run by volunteers from Nexus Methodist Church. Please ask us if you need help with anything during the sessions or if you would like to know about other church activities, including holiday clubs for older children.
If you are able to help with setting up or clearing away, or would like to volunteer to organise a simple craft, please speak to one of the helpers.
What about birthdays?
We have a 'birthday cake' with candles and sing 'Happy Birthday' to any children with a birthday that week. Please let us know if it's your child's birthday!
The hall is also available for hire for children's birthday parties (and other meetings or social occasions).
Regular members of the group are welcome to use our toys.
Ask any of the helpers for details or email here.
How do we find you?
We meet in the hall of Nexus Walcot Methodist Centre. Access is via the side door, down the path to the right of the church as viewed from the front. Please ring the doorbell marked 'Toddler Group'.
See the Find Us page for a map and more details.